Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Welcome Sophia!

On December 1st Domingo and I checked into the hospital at 6:30 a.m. The nurses changed shifts at 7:00 so we just sat around and waited for awhile. Around 7:30 they started my IV fluids and at 9:00 they started the pitocin drip. Mom and Dad came up to the hospital and we walked the hallways for awhile to get things moving. At first the contractions just felt like small cramps. At 11:30 Dr. Rollins broke my water in hopes of getting things to progress. What a strange feeling! The contractions started getting stronger and stronger after my water broke. Around 12:30 I got my epidural. I was only 4 cm at that point. The epidural was wonderful!!! I didn't feel anything! It was fun to watch the contraction monitor and see how strong they were and know that I couldn't feel it. Dan and Amy came to the hospital and we all sat around laughing and joking. Around 4:00 the nurse, Janelle, checked me to see if there was any progress. I was 5cm at that point and thinking that it was going to be a long night. We continued to sit an wait, but around 5:30 I started to feel the contractions more and more. I also felt like I had to use the bathroom (#2 lol) so I called the nurse. Sure enough, I was 10 cm already!!! It was time to push! I couldn't believe that I went from 5 to 10 cm in an hour and a half! So at 5:55 we started pushing. The nurse did practice pushes with me. Dr. Rollins came in a little bit later and before I knew it...Sophia was here!!! She didn't cry when she was born so I kept asking if she was okay. But she was perfectly healthy! Born at 6:35p.m. weighing 6lbs. 14oz. and 19.75 inches long. She's absolutely amazing! Unfortunately it took them 4 hours to stitch me up because Dr. Rollins kept leaving to deliver other babies. I was not happy about that! And boy was my Mom mad! I had several 2nd degree tears, but it was all worth it. Domingo and I couldn't be more in love with our new budle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment